All meetings, conferences and memberships are limited in attendance and strictly by-invitation only. For more information, please contact The Upson Technology Group.
March 21, 2013 : GBEF Members Reception And
Dinner USS Sequoia Presidential Yacht
GBEF 2013 kicked off aboard the historic USS Sequoia Presidential Yacht and a ride down the Potomac River. The reception also included select US Officials and government guests. The reception featured premier sponsors of CES Government 2014. The 2014 conference theme was announced followed by a private dinner at Landini Brothers Restaurant.
April 4, 2013 : Legislative Briefing And Government Technology Priorities
The International Spy Museum
Candid, closed door session. The first of three program meetings focused on:
- Sequestration and 2013 Budget and Politics
- "Consumerization" of government tech requirements
- Mobile technologies and security, and current budget and political pressures.
Featured guests and speakers:
- Gary Ponemon, Ponemon Institute's annual GBEF government customer survey
- Deloitte's Chief Technology Officer Mark White unveiled Deloitte's annual Global Public Sector Technology Trends analysis.
- Representative Eric Cantor's Chief of Staff, Steve Stombres, on cyber legislation, sequestration, budget and funding issues affecting government operations, and what is really happening within the halls of Congress.
A Reception and Lecture with:
Author, Artist, Spy
MAY 3, 2013 : Dinner With Member Of Parliament
Members of the GBEF and invited guests hosted a private dinner in honor of Ian Liddell-Grainger, UK Member of Parliament at Cafe Milano in Washington, DC.
July 11, 2013 : Legislative Breakfast With Rep Darrell Issa
House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa gave GBEF Members and invited guests a candid update on key legislative issues. As a senior member of Congress, U.S. Representative Issa has served since 2001.
Held in the Board Room of McDermott, Will and Emery in Washington, DC.
July 30, 2013 : 2nd Annual Richmond-Washington Forum
Priority Challenges Connecting State and Federal Government
Moderated discussions between senior State and Federal officials on three critical subjects:
- Implementation of the Affordable Care Act, with specific emphasis on business processes and data management behind the Act's implementation.
- Cyber security and information-sharing business processes between DHS, State of Virginia government entities, and critical components of Virginia's infrastructure
- NASA operations that intersect the State of Virginia to include Langley and Wallops Island
- The Honorable William Howell, Speaker of the House, Virginia House of Delegates
Hosted by: The Secretary of Technology, Secretary of Homeland Security and Veterans Affairs, Secretary of Commerce:
- The Honorable Jim Duffey
- The Honorable Jim Cheng
- The Honorable Terrie Suit
AUGUST 9, 2013 : It Roundtable Featuring Health & Human Services Cto
Brian Sivak, Chief Technology Officer, HHS hosted a small round table discussion on "Driving Innovation to Improve the Quality and Management of Healthcare".
December 3, 2013 : Politics and the 2014 Roadmap
Industry, media, Investor survey. More detail to come.